Here are my top 10 favorite quotes:
- “A runner must run with dreams in his heart, not money in his pocket.”-Emil Zatopek
2. “If you really want to do something, you’ll find way, if you don’t, you’ll find an excuse.”-Jim Rohn
3. “Out on the roads, there is fitness and self-discovery and the persons we were destined to be.”
4. “You must expect great things from yourself before you can do them.”
5. “There are no shortcuts to any place worth going.” -Beverly Sills
6. “The long run puts the tiger in the cat.” -Bill Squires
7. “The best pace is a suicide pace…and today is a good day to die.” -Pre
8. “When you the marathon, you run against the distance, not against the other runners and not against the time.” -Haile Gebrsellasie
9. “The begins the moment you forget you are running.” -Adidas
10. “Run when you can, walk if you have to, crawl if you must; just never give up.” -Dean Karnazes
These are just quotes that I’ve seen over the years in running magazines and social media.
Hope these quotes motivates you enough to get out the door!